This is an open call looking for performance projects in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. The festival just finished up it’s 6th edition and is often considered an extremely well curated and exciting festival. It runs concurrently with the Festival Trans Ameriques which is larger but does not have an open call and often programs established material from anyway other then Quebec.
CALL FOR PROJECTS 2013 – MONTREAL, QUEBEC, CANADA – DEADLINE – OCTOBER 8th 2012
OFFTA is an artistic event created on the fringe of the Festival TransAmériques. Each year, OFFTA offers a
multidisciplinary programme focused on contemporary creation and the combination of performance arts.
OFFTA is exceptional in its artistic direction, promoting unique and strong approaches, emerging techniques and
experimentation. For over six years, OFFTA has been prospecting the milieus of theatre, dance and performance
art, searching for works that inspire us beyond our daily lives; artists who, across the disciplines, seek meaning
through innovation, resistance and questioning the uncertain. They are not interested in the consensus, nor do
they speak in a single voice, they are united in their dissonance, and contribute in their own way to a regeneration
of traditional models.
To program the 2013 festival (May 24th to June 2nd, 2013), OFFTA is searching for projects based upon new
writings that affect us and shake our foundations; pieces that answer to the urgencies of our times; works that
question our relationship to the world and our connection to others. This call for submissions is open to all
works, particularly “kind of crazy projects that don’t really fit anywhere”; hits, revivals, works in the early stages of
creation, workshops, short-form, indoor or outdoor in situ performances…
- A platform for experimentation
- A place of exchange for practitioners, specialists and promoters of various domains
- An on-site support team available during the event: theatre equipment, technical crew, box-office services and
- A guaranteed fee and share of ticket sales, according to production scale and on a case by case basis
- A promotional partnership
- Networking activities and local, national and international visibility
- Completed application form
- A detailed description of the project (maximum 500 words)
- Short biographies of all artists involved and a short history of the company
- The technical specifications of the project (even if provisional)
- If your project contains text, please submit a synopsis or an excerpt of no more than 5 pages
- We strongly suggest that you send us all relevant visual material(s), such as: DVDs, photos, Vimeo links, etc.
- Each project must be submitted in FOUR copies (including DVDs)
- Your application must also be emailed to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All applications must be postmarked or delivered no later than October 8th 2012, addressed as follows
7285, RUE CHABOT
Projects will be submitted to a programming committee comprised of practitioners of various disciplines.
The committee’s decision will be communicated by the end of January 2013.
Please do not send originals, material(s) will not be returned.
The jury reserves the right not to comment its decisions.