3LD/336 is a 14 day, 24-hour full access pass to use our largest interdisciplinary space, Studio A, for your exclusive artistic creation purposes culminating in ONE to THREE public showings. The first residency will start on March 4, 2013, and the second will start on March 18, 2013.
This opportunity is uniquely suited to artists currently working on a new, original piece of theater, dance, media, or hybrid art form that is innovative and is ready to be in front of an audience for the first time. We are looking to support work that is ambitious, large-scale and experimental in some form.
The showings at the conclusion of the residency should display all elements of your work; both complete and not. Since this will be a work in progress, incomplete elements should be displayed as placeholders. If a sound or video element is missing, a placeholder image/sound will stand in. Finished work is not the goal; it is the experimentation and sharing of bold new ideas in large-scale multimedia art performance and/or installation.
This residency will include:
- 14 days of 24-hour access to Studio A
- Use of multimedia equipment
- Opportunity to show the work publicly 1-3 times
- Consultation with 3LD staff about the future of the work
- Consideration for a longer residency
To apply please submit the following:
- A one-page description of the work
- Links to video and images online
- A budget and timeline toward the fully realized premier in March 2013
- A list of lead artist(s) with short bios
- References from three industry professionals
- Financials for the past two years
ALL the above information must be submitted as (word or pdf) attachments in ONE EMAIL.
DEADLINE is February 24th @ 11:59pm. Submission email: firstname.lastname@example.org
3LD will respond to the winning applicants by February 28, 2013.
3-Legged Dog exists to produce new, original works in theater, performance, dance, media and hybrid forms. Our mission is to explore the new narrative possibilities created by digital technology, to foster self-expression and skill in artists through educational initiatives and to provide an environment for our artists to create new tools and modes of expression so that they can excel across a range of disciplines.
3LD Art & Technology Center
80 Greenwich St.
New York, NY 10006