K3 Residency Program 2014/2015
Deadline – August 5, 2013
As part of its residency, K3 residency program provides three eight-month residencies per season to choreographers, who are currently at the beginning of the careers, but have already produced some choreographic work of their own. The residency begins around the beginning or middle of August and runs until end of March / beginning of April of the following year.
The residency program is one-of-a-kind because of its length of eight months and is closely linked to the other courses and professional training programs offered by K3. The residency includes mentoring and dramaturgical, technical and production related support. It moreover links the projects proposed by the three choreographers in residence closely to the various other on going programs of K3.
The goal of the residency is to develop a strengthen the connections between choreographic practice, research, artistic production and qualification. The length of eight months should provide sufficient time and space for overcoming conventional rhythms of production and open up spaces for exchange with other artists and interested parties in order to receive new impulses and contacts. Over the course of the residency the three choreographers will each develop a full-length piece that is presented towards the end of the residency on the studio stage P1 on three evenings.
- The applicant must be at the beginning of his/her career, but should also have already implemented some projects of his/her own.
- The applicant is available for the entire duration of the residency from beginning/middle of August until end of March/ beginning of April in Hamburg.
- The applicant is willing to participate in K3’s outreach programme and other events at K3.
- The applicant is interested both in engaging in exchange with other artists, as well as with an interested audience.
- The applicant already has some experience in / is interested in dealing with choreography on a discursive level, reflecting her/his own work, as well as working in a self-organised manner.
- Only applications by individuals can be accepted. Applications by teams or ensembles cannot be taken into consideration.
The residency programme covers:
- a monthly scholarship
- a production budget for the performances at the end of the residency the use of the K3 studios
- a shared work week at the beginning of the residency to which additional artists from Hamburg will be invited
- an accompanying mentor support from the K3 team in the fields of dramaturgy, organisation, technical assistance and public relations
- active participation in the K3 outreach programme
- participation in the K3 course programme (production-oriented events, as well as events on dance and performance theory)
- optional: participation in regular professional training and other workshops offered at K3
- optional: participation in the “MA-Performance Studies” programme at the University of Hamburg
Required Application Documents:
The application period for the residency in the 2014/15 season begins June 3rd 2013 (12:00). The deadline is August 5th 2013 (23:59).
Applications must be made online via the application form, which will be activated during the application period and which contains e.g. questions concerning artistic background, motivation and details on the artistic project being proposed for the residency. Please also provide video-web links (YouTube, Vimeo, etc.) of your work.
In addition to filling out the online form, please also submit four printed copies of the form as well as four copies of DVDs of max. 2 projects of your own by post (please only use the following formats: .wmv, .mov, .avi, .mp4, .mpg). The deadline for the postal part of your application is August 06th (postmark).
Please send the material in a form that can be easily filed and refrain from sending costly portfolios. Application documents will not be returned, unless requested. If you would like your documents to be returned to you, please include a post-paid return envelope (Germany) or international reply coupon (abroad) with your application.