Contemporary Performance is proud to announce the inaugural festival of works from the Contemporary Performance Network from January 10-14, 2014 in NYC. The festival, titled Special Effects, will consist of 5 artists from the network presenting their work at The Wild Project in the East Village of NYC and is curated by network editors, Caden Manson and Jemma Nelson. During the 5 day festival Contemporary Performance will present 5 artists, hold panel and artist events, launch the Contemporary Performance Almanac13, and throw nightly performance parties in the Wild Project Bar. To be considered for the festival, please fill of the form below. The deadline is October 20, 2013. We will announce the festival line up on November 15, 2013
Contemporary Performance will support the winning artist with:
- 4 hours of tech/rehearsal time.
- two performances slots during the festival.
- a rep lighting plot.
- 2 hour load in/set up time before each performance.
- PR as part of the festival.
- The festival does not supply travel or housing
About the venue:
- 2 dressing rooms with their own bathrooms
- ETC Element 40-250 light board
- Yamaha 01V 96 mixing console
- 4 QSC speaker system including 2 QSC HPR122i and 2 QSC ADS82 speakers
- 2 QSC HPR181i sub woofers
- 4 Wired Headset Comm system
- Panasonic projector model no. PT-DW5000U
- Denon DN-C6 15 Compact Disc/MP3 Player
- Oppo DVD Player DV-980H
- Toshiba DVD Video Player Hi-Resolution Progressive SD705KV
- Rep lighting plot:
10 36 degree S4 575w
22 50 degree S4 575w
4 S4 Pars WFL 575w
- 89 fixed seats
- Stage is 22 1/2′ wide by 18′ deep by 1′ high
- Grid height is 11′