DEADLINE December 12. 2014
The Scholarship Programme is a 5 week further training program taking place every year in July – August in Vienna in the frame of IMPULSTANZ – Vienna International Dance Festival.
The Programme offers around 65 young professional dancers and choreographers from mainly European but also from non European countries the possibility to take part in an intense multinational further training programme.
The programme focuses on the exchange of ideas and knowledge, not limited by national borders, on concentrated further training, on meeting with internationally renowned artists gathering in Vienna at ImPulsTanz with the aim to orient the career of the participants.
In order to achieve both its educational and artistic goals, the Scholarship Programme is supervised each year by artistic mentors selected amongst dance personalities, who have played a decisive part on an international level in the development of contemporary dance in recent years.
Over 1000 young professional dancers and choreographers from over 87 countries have been part of this programme since its creation in 1996.
A scholarship includes the following free services:s:
- participation in the Research Projects of ImPulsTanz (Pro Series & Field Projects)
- participation in the technique workshops of ImPulsTanz (190 workshops by 90 teachers)
- free admission to all performances of ImPulsTanz
- free access to the 300 awarded dance film videos as well as to the screenings of documentations and to the dance film productions of artists and companies who perform at ImPulsTanz
- exchange of ideas and contact with the international teachers and choreographers of ImPulsTanz
- special projects exclusively offered to danceWEB scholarship holders
- representation in the yearly growing, international danceWEB-database
- lecture demonstrations & talks
- free accommodation
- mentoring by artistic mentor(s)
The scholarship does not include travel and per diem expenses! These expenses need to be covered by the scholarship recipients themselves!
In case you get selected for the danceWEB Scholarship Programme, you still need to find a financial contribution (EUR 2.150,-) to your total scholarship expenses from national/regional funding institutions in your home country/country of residence in order to secure your participation.
This funding does not need to be secured already for the application!
(see also “APPLICATION INFORMATION” for further details regarding this matter)