For the seventh time K3 – Zentrum für Choreographie | Tanzplan Hamburg provides three eight-month residencies per season to emerging choreographers.
The call for applications is open for national and international choreographers.
- a monthly scholarship
- a production budget for the performances at the end of the residency
- the use of the K3 studios
- a shared work week at the beginning of the residency to which additional artists from Hamburg will be invited
- an accompanying mentor
- support from the K3 team in the fields of dramaturgy, organisation, technical assistance and public relations
- active participation in the K3 outreach programme
- participation in the K3 course programme (production-oriented events, as well as events on dance and performance theory)
- optional: participation in regular professional training and other workshops offered at K3
- optional: participation in the “MA-Performance Studies” programme at the University of Hamburg
- The applicant must be at the beginning of his/her career, but should also have already implemented some projects of his/her own.
- The applicant is available for the entire duration of the residency from beginning/middle of August until end of March/ beginning of April in Hamburg.
- The applicant is willing to participate in K3’s outreach programme and other events at K3.
- The applicant is interested both in engaging in exchange with other artists, as well as with an interested audience.
- The applicant already has some experience in / is interested in dealing with choreography on a discursive level, reflecting her/his own work, as well as working in a self-organised manner.
- Only applications by individuals can be accepted. Applications by teams or ensembles cannot be taken into consideration.
For further information about the residency program and the required application documents visit: www.k3-hamburg.de/en/ausschreibungen/