* HB BUILD VI, Fall 2013 Artist-in-Residency (Berlin)
* Duration: October 2nd, 2013 – January 3rd, 2014
* Exhibition and Display of new works / HB Festival – 13, 14, 15 Dec 2013
* Deadline for application: Sunday June 16th, 2013
* Keep the dates 19, 20 and 21st of June and 24, 25 and 26 of June open for interviews.
* Date of Notification: Sunday 30th of June 2013
* Artists and other disciplines are highly encouraged to apply! * Questions? Please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
HomeBase Project in Berlin has launched their 6th artist-in-residency programme. Eighteen professional artists, performers and social entrepreneurs will be working during three months at the HomeBase LAB, Berlin on developing original works around the notion of home in their live-in studios as well as collaborating on artistic explorations in public spaces in the direct neighbourhood. They will engage in a creative communal living, educational and cultural program while having a ‘hands on’ collaboration in building different aspects of the HomeBase LAB. The objective is to continue to develop the HB LAB towards the next step of the LAB- Becoming a center for study, creation and empowerment of artists as leaders in the community in the heart of Berlin. HB BUILD VI marks the end of the HB BUILD Cycle towards this vision.
What will we BUILD?
Your own artistic practice is an individual and collaborative exploration around the notion of home, while searching for possibilities of outreach in the larger neighbourhood
Some words about the residence program
In a HomeBase Build residency we work with three program parts throughout the three months. One on personal and collaborative artistic development and on applied artistic research in collaboration with a HomeBase Service client. Next to this we have the overall HB Build program focussing on the internal processes, the learning, eating and living together of the group.
This program part focusses on working on artistic practice. In each residency we have a focus on a specific medium, expression or theme in the arts and work with professionals. This enables artists to experiment and learn together with artists of a great variety of disciplines developing their own practice. (e.g. during the HBBV residency we had a focus on performance art and a collaboration with the Month of Performance Berlin).