Reverse Summer Lab Artist Residency Deadline June 24, 2013
REVERSE is pleased to announce a new artist residency program for the summer of 2013. REVERSE SUMMER LAB is designed to allow artists the time, resources and community support to create new and innovative work in a collaborative and discursive atmosphere. Artists will have the opportunity to exhibit their work in the REVERSE gallery space during or directly following their residency term.
Two resident artists will have 24/7 access to a large, shared studio space. Please note that this program does not include housing – artists need to have their own local accommodation. Artists are responsible for bringing their own materials; no toxic materials are allowed in the space.
REVERSE SUMMER LAB will run from JULY 8th to AUGUST 16th.
HOW TO APPLY
Artists should submit the following information and materials by June 24 to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Letter of intent, describing plans for residency
- Current resume, including exhibition record
- Brief artist statement
- 10 images of your recent work (images should be no bigger than 1 mb each). For video and performance, send up to 3 links to video/documentation of the work
- Please include a $25 processing fee with your application. (paid via PayPal at reversespace.org/summerlab) Send a copy of your payment receipt.
- Residents are asked to contribute $75 during the tenure of their residency to offset the costs of utilities in the space.
REVERSE is a multidisciplinary workspace and art gallery with an emphasis on new and experimental forms of expression. Run by artists, REVERSE is a platform that supports emerging artists with the production and presentation of new work, as well as a space for dialogue and exchange of ideas through exhibitions, workshops, lectures, screenings, and different events.REVERSE Space is located in Williamsburg Brooklyn, 28 Frost Street 11211 View Map
More Info at reversespace.org/summerlab