Annie Vigier & Franck Apertet (les gens d’Uterpan)
in May 2014 The Chocolate Factory in New York will present a work called Topologie by Paris-based artists Annie Vigier & Franck Apertet (les gens d’Uterpan) as part of DANSE, a festival of performances and ideas produced by the Cultural Services of the French Embassy.
In order to activate their piece Topologie in New-York (Mai 1st-10th 2014), the french choreographers Annie Vigier and Franck Apertet (les gens d’Uterpan) would like to meet contemporary dancers interested by the experimentation of new attitudes in creation.
They are looking for professional, experienced, physically solid male and female dancers.
- available for all the dates of the project, without any parallel activity nor other engagements during that period.
- interested in research in the live arts and questioning the conventions and norms of representation.
- they ask that candidates become well informed about the specificity of the choreographers’ work www.lesgensduterpan.com
- hired as performers who give and receive signs present in the public space, they must possess a large capacity for observation, and a very subtle sense of analysis and synthesis of social and human behavior.
- must be creative and inventive
- capable of self-discipline and demanding of themselves in order to rigorously assume the autonomy of their position and action during the performance of Topologie.
- must be persistent and have a good measure of audacity (not for the shy and fainthearted).
- must have the endurance to be ready to walk at length during the 10 days that the project lasts.
Dancers interested must send a CV + photos + video link, as well as a letter of motivation, to the following address: email@example.com
Performers will be paid by The Chocolate Festival
Photo : Steeve Beckouet – Courtesy : les gens d’Uterpan