Deadline : February 15, 2014
This program offers research-creation assistance to local and international artists and artist collectives for the creation of digital arts, installation and performance projects. The residency provides space and equipment at Rustines|Lab for the production of a three(3)- to six(6)-week researchcreation project. A curator, critic or theoretician will be invited to collaborate with the artist-in-residence to draft a text on the research-creation project or on the artist’s creative process.
Residencies are privileged moments for reflection and creativity in the evolution of an artist’s practice. This program seeks to offer the artists a space of encounter to support the development of a creative process. Meeting with the artist and drafting of a text, an author will participate in the process and in the artist’s reflection on his or her work.
To be engaged in media , audio or digital arts practice
The artistic merit of the applicant
• A resumé and a biography
• An artist statement
• audiovisual support material (Website or DVD)
• a statement regarding desired residency Periods
Term s of the Residency
• The residency lasts from 3 to 6 weeks.
• An artist fee of $1,750 is provided.
• A $300-production budget is available, for purchasing equipment or for hiring specialized assistance.
• The artist in residence will have full and exclusive access to Rustines|Lab.
• The artist in residence will have access to the Lab equipment.
• A selected author will write a critical text either on the artist’s work or on a specific project.
• The author is chosen by Perte de Signal.
• This year, the centre will not fund the resident’s accommodation or transportation (if applicable).
• Application may be individual or collective.
• Information requests and submissions should be made to email@example.com.
• Additional support material should follow by regular mail.
• Application may be submitted in either French or English.
• Rustines|Lab hosts one residency per year.