IBT and Arnolfini seek to commission an artist to make a new work to premiere at IBT15.
IBT15 is looking for artists working across live practice, who challenge the boundaries of contemporary performance and question their relationship to audience, time and place.
WILD CARD is committed to supporting artists who engage with live practice and employ an experimental approach to process, form and audience.
What is IBT15 looking for?
IBT15 is looking for artists working in emergent artforms, artists perceived to occupy the margins of society, and artists redefining the qualities of engagement with audiences, participants, co-conspirators, and the wider public.
IBT15 is seeking:
• Proposals across contemporary live art practice including: staged, durational, one to one, sited, digital, sound, visual arts and theatre.
• Artists with at least 3 years professional practice.
• An innovative idea for a new work for IBT15 (12-15 February 2015).
• Work that is realisable within the £2000 budget, and adaptable to different locations.
• Work which actively considers its relationship with an audience.
What is on offer?
The selected artist or company will receive:
• An inclusive fee of £2000, plus accommodation during IBT15.
• Showcase of work in IBT15.
• Producing, marketing and technical support.
• Inclusion in a dedicated programme of networking events at IBT15.
How to Apply
Download Guidance Notes and Application Form.
You will need to email:
• A completed application form
• A detailed budget for the project
• Full Artist CV (online link or document)
• Two links to supporting documents (website, reviews, etc.)
Please send all information to email@example.com before the application deadline 27 March 2014.
The successful candidate will be announced by 15 April 2014.