Application deadline is 5 August 2014
Atelier Hotel Pro Forma is now offering a unique opportunity for professional artists with suitable projects. Atelier Hotel Pro Forma is looking for artists for Spring 2015.
For the period of Spring 2015, the call is open for all international artists who wish to apply for the two available residencies.
Applicants must submit a concrete project proposal to develop during their residency.Chosen applicants will develop their projects for 6 -12 weeks at Atelier Hotel Pro Forma in Copenhagen.
Artists-in-Residence will participate in producing work(s) for our monthly exhibit at the Atelier, either presenting works-in-progress or completed works.
During their stay, artists will work together with Hotel Pro Forma’s interns in order to develop their project. They will also work closely with the interns to develop works for our monthly exhibitions. The completion of the residency will end in a form of public viewing, either as a work-in-progress or as a completed work.
Applicants must fill in this E-form. Supplemental material (portfolio/CV) MUST be uploaded in the e-form as one pdf-file and be no larger than 15MB. No other file formats will be accepted.
The application deadline is 5 August 2014: at 23.59 local Danish time (GMT + 1:00) Applications sent after deadline will not be taken into consideration.
Periods of residencies:
February – May 2015
Artists who apply must be professional and have documented experience in developing interdisciplinary work. Projects which have the possibility of creating new forms of collaboration across existing art forms will be given priority.
Further weight will be given to applications which fit into the theme of “ART+SCI (art+science) which will form the basis of the works presented at Atelier Hotel Pro Forma in 2015.
Applicants are required to:
- send in the completed e-form incl. project description, expectations to the residency, relevance to Hotel Pro Forma and artist statement.
- have your own laptop complete with the software necessary to develop your artistic concept
- have the ability to finance your own trip and residence at Hotel Pro Forma although in some cases funding will be possible to cover some of these expenses.
- meet deadlines with regards to project milestones, deliverables
- work in an international team of artists, interns, technicians and producers
Hotel Pro Forma offers:
- access to our organisation and network of artists and producers
- help with finding accommodation in Copenhagen and locating funding sources
- to apply for funding here in Denmark to cover accomodation, travel and a small bursary (successful ca. 1/3 time)
- evaluation of your project on a conceptual, artistic and organisational level
- an interesting, inspiring and open environment to develop artistic work.
Applicants can receive more information by contacting Hotel Pro Forma at email@example.com or t. +45 32 54 02 17.
Hotel Pro Forma is an international laboratory of performance and installations. Perception, perspective and themes from the world are blended into a conceptual, visual and musical art form.