Deadline: August 18, 2014, 11:59 PM
LAPP is now accepting submissions for the final slot in the Live Arts Exchange (LAX) Festival, co-produced by Los Angeles Performance Practice and the Bootleg Theater. They are looking for new WORKS-IN-PROGRESS in theater, dance, music, performance art, multimedia performance, puppetry, film/video, and new genres. Interdisciplinary and multi-disciplinary works are encouraged.
Artists and companies interested in participating in Live Arts Exchange 2014 should submit their proposals by August 18, 2014, 11:59 PM.
Their producing team will select their 5 favorite submissions, followed by a round of open voting by the public. The artist(s) selected will be notified by September 1st.
The TBA performance will be presented as part of LAX on Saturday, September 20 at 6:00pm and Sunday, September 21 at 1:00pm at the Bootleg Theater.
LAX is looking for:
- New work that can benefit from the presence of the audience in the development process.
- Artists who are interested in developing a relationship with LAPP and LAX.
- Performances that can be presented with limited technical support, in either the Bootleg theater space or lounge area.
- Cross-genre performance is especially of interest.
To propose a project:
Please email the following to info@
- The title and one-page description of the project
- The estimated running time of the work
- The project’s basic technical needs (lighting, sound, scenic, video, etc.)
- Bios of the collaborating artists
- Background of the company (if applicable)
- Describe where you are in your development process and your goals for the LAX presentation
- Photos, press, and links to video of your previous work (if applicable)
- A script (if applicable)
Please submit all information in a single document in the .doc, .docx, or .pdf format.