Open call for the Makers Exhibition
DEADLINE IS October 31, 2014
MAKERS IN POINTS:
- The Makers exhibition is an exhibition with a specific form.
- We will NOT accept performances or installations. We DO accept ‘recycled’ performances. Here you present your performance in the form of cooking. Your team will present the show in three phases: preparing, presenting and eating (by the audience).
- These recycled performances will NOT take place in a theatre space or a restaurant. They WILL take place in a gallery space with limited kitchen equipment.
- The action does not have to be based on existing performance. It can be a one off intervention.
- The Makers is a fringe type of project. We do not provide any financial or travel support.
MAKERS IN FULL DESCRIPTION:
Prague Quadrennial of Performance Design and Space invites you to submit proposals for the experimental project the Makers Exhibition that will take place June 18 – 28, 2015 in Prague.
The Makers Exhibition is a new, experimental addition to the main expositions of the Prague Quadrennial 2015 aiming to exhibit the living makers in the act of making. The exhibition is commissioned by scenographer, theatermaker Rebekka A. Ingimundardottir, curator of exposition of Iceland at PQ 2011. Artists are invited to make the food design with theatrical theme within live exhibition in Gallery at Bethlehem Chapel during PQ 2015.
Each Makers team is asked to announce their theatrical theme in their food when they apply for the Makers Exhibition. The theme should be a reference to an existing play or a performance.
Individual makers will make a food journey for the audience to see, smell, hear, eat and experience. The maker journey will take place every day during the PQ15, the whole day. Each day there will be groups of different Makers team that will get the challenge to design a full performative food experience for audience.
The curated live exhibition will consist of three parts: preparing, cooking and serving food design.
Each Makers team can be from 1 up to 4 persons.
Each makers team will have 4 hours for preparing, cooking and serving:
– 2 hours for preparing their food design.
– 2 hours for cooking and serving – the main cooking happens in front of the audience.
!!!NEW!!! DETAILED INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE MAKERS EXHIBITION – Updated 9/10/2014
How to register?
If you would like to submit a proposal for Makers Exhibition, please, send theregistration form (short texts describing your theme, process of greeting, preparing and serving food, and drawings/photos of proposed food design if you have) to firstname.lastname@example.org until October 31, 2014. Successful applicants will be informed by November 28, 2014.
Please note that travel, accommodation and transport costs are covered by the participants. The PQ will provide the space, basic ingredients and basic tools for cooking.
Time schedule and more information on what will be provided by PQ in the sense of tools and ingredients will be announced in September 2014.
NOTE: Please be aware that you are not allowed to fry food, use an open fire and to use so much aromatic ingredients.
PDF format available HERE.