Deadline: July 10, 2015
Méduse is a cooperative dedicated to art, cultural and community based producers and distributors that opened its doors in 1995 in Quebec City. Today the 4,000 square-metre building houses ten (10) non-profit organizations that all take an active role at the forefront of their respective fields. There are Antitube (movie theatre), L’Atelier de la mezzanine (visual arts), Avatar (audio and electronic arts), La Bande video (video), Engramme (printmaking), L’OEil de Poisson (visual arts), Les Productions Recto-Verso (multidisciplinary, digital and electronic arts), Spira (video / movies), VU (photography) and Manif d’art (visual arts).
As part of its mission, Coopérative Méduse pursues an ongoing international residency program and has a designated apartment/studio for visiting international artists. Each artist selected in the residency program is hosted by one of Méduse organisation, depending the nature of his project, research, practice or artistic goals. The host organisation offers technical support, professional equipments and various facilities. The artist is also encouraged to create links with other organisations within Méduse and take advantage of staying in a multidisciplinary art environment to explore new venues through various disciplines.
This residency is also part of MAP program managed by the Pépinières européennes pour jeunes artistes, which offer to young creators a wide range of European and International residencies, facilitate the encounter with new audiences, offer new professionalisation tools and promote co-operations between artists.
Period and length of the residency : January to april 2016 (3 months) and April to June 2016 (3 months)
Number of projects selected : 2
Present a project addressing one or more disciplines of the visual arts and/or digital arts ; – Have European citizenship ;
Reside in Europe;
￼￼￼￼￼￼Have less than 10 years of career.
Conditions offered by Méduse:
- Accommodation (International Studio)
- Production fees of $6000 (includes transportation costs, living expenses and implementation of the project)
- Logistical support (general information document, tour of Quebec artist-run centers, integration, etc.)
- Promotion of the residency and of the artistic project
- Access to the rates of the members of the cooperative in regard to equipment and services of other members of the Cooperative.
Conditions offered by the partner organization (member of Méduse)
- Artistic and technical support
- Access to spaces and equipment production according to the availability of the center and its resources
- Promotion of the residency and the artistic project.
You have to submit your project on e.mobility platform (www.emobility.pro) by July 10th 2015. Only projects on e.mobility platform will be considered for selection. To fill the application form online you have to follow a two steps procedure :
1. create a profile
2. submit your project
– in « Title » field, please write « application residency MAP Méduse ».
– in « Short text » field, you must describe your project, its intention, with which orgazination of the cooperative you would like to work and finally, which is for you the best residency period (1000 words max. – in french or english)
– you must also send us a documentation containing a current CV and recent artistic works examples (10 images max. and/or 10mn max. formats PDF, .mpg, .jpg, .mp3 or web links) at email@example.com before July 10th 2015.
For further information on e.mobility platform, please refer to the following PDF : http://www.emobility.pro/content/download/897/6474/version/2/file/applicationreside ncy.pdf or write at : firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information on Méduse and the residency program please contact us at : email@example.com or at this number +1 (418) 640-9218 extension 2.
Deadline: July 10, 2015