Opportunity: STUDIO2 Autumn Residency
Where: Studio2/ ITI Germany (located at Kunstquartier Bethanien), Berlin, Germany
When: 23 October to 5 November 2022
Online Application: https://studio2.iti-germany.de/en/residency_programme
Fee to Participate or Apply: 0
Description Of Opportunity:
From 23 October to 5 November 2022, STUDIO2 of the International Theatre Institute (ITI) will once again be hosting an artistic research residency on its premises. The residency is aimed at individual artists or collective groups of up to 5 artists from the field of dance, performing arts, and performance (also interdisciplinary). It will enable open-artistic research on a self-selected theme.
STUDIO2 is a work and research space for the independent performing arts in Berlin-Kreuzberg whose proximity to the ITI’s Media Library for Dance and Theatre and the associated Media Studio offers the residency project the opportunity to develop diverse research approaches.
A RESIDENCY INCLUDES
- Free use of the 165sqm studio and adjoining spaces within the two-week residency
- Workspace in the Media Library for Dance and Theatre and professional advice on research approaches
- Monitoring of the work process on the social media channels of STUDIO2 and the ITI
- Access to the technical equipment available at STUDIO2 including the necessary technical introduction
- Documentation of the public work-in-progress presentation in cooperation with the Media Studio of the ITI
- Organisational and content-related support as agreed and required
During the residency, a public event should take place that offers insights into the working process. The form of this presentation is up to the artist(s) (adaptations based on the applicable COVID-19 rules are possible).
How To Apply:
APPLICATION TO THE AUTUMN RESIDENCY
- Presentation of the artistic research concept with a clear and feasible research question on max. 1 DIN-A 4 page (approx. 1800 characters). The research concept should focus on the artistic research process of the self-selected theme within the two-week residency and not on the artistic result (mere artistic production projects can unfortunately not be considered)
- Short CV of all applicants (approx. 600 characters per person)
STUDIO2, as part of the ITI, is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, and welcomes applicants with various experiences, knowledge, and artistic positions in the performing arts.
We particularly encourage artists to apply, who are newcomers in Germany, especially those who had to leave their country of origin due to war or for political, social, or economic reasons, as well as artists facing structural exclusion or access barriers in the performing arts sector.
Please send the application for the autumn residency as a PDF document to email@example.com with the subject: “STUDIO2 Autumn Residency – [NAME]” no later than 13.07.2022.
IMPORTANT: Unfortunately, we are currently unable to offer any financial support in the form of scholarships, reimbursement of travel expenses or accommodation. It is also not possible to live in STUDIO2 or other ITI premises during the residency. However, we are happy to assist in finding accommodation.
For further information please contact Lene Gaiser at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone +49 30 611 07 65-20, Telephone consultation hours for the autumn residency: Mondays (27.06., 04.07., 11.07.), 11:00-13:00 CET.
These posts are not affiliated with Contemporary Performance Network, but are of interest to our community. We post these with the caveat to check the sources and research the opportunities or views expressed in the posts.