Opportunity: Convocatoria Abierta · Apèl Louvri · Open Call · Appel Ouvert · Open Oproep (Puerto Rico)
Where: Puerto Rico (open to the Caribbean islands)
When: from the 3rd to the 9th of May 2021
Deadline: SEPTEMBER 14, 2020
Fee to Participate or Apply: 0
Description Of Opportunity:
This encounter of Caribbean artists in the archipelago of Boriken (Puerto Rico) is born from the urgency of embodying our Sea of Islands as an antithesis to the current segregation of the Caribbean. The main objective is to unite and exchange creations, sensibilities, resistances, and knowledge among our Caribbean islander neighbors, through the art of performance. From Boriken (Puerto Rico), one of the oldest colonies in the world, this call is launched for the production and presentation of original performance pieces by islander artists living in the Caribbean.
This first edition of Mar de Islas performance encounter of the Caribbean will be held from the 3rd to the 9th of May 2021.
6 artists from 6 different islands will be selected to gather and create our Sea of Islands.
3 ecosystems are proposed: the sea, the forest, and the city. Each artist will have the possibility of working in one of these ecosystems in order to create an on-site performance piece. The artists will have a residency period for creating the artworks prior to their public presentation.
In addition to the performances, the encounter will have a pedagogical offer through a series of performative workshops available to the general public. These workshops will be taught by local artists, but also by the selected artists who wish to offer a workshop. These workshops will be taught by local artists, as well as by the selected artists who wish to offer a workshop.
The encounter will feature an opening act at the University of Puerto Rico with a discussion together with activists, academics, artists and thinkers from the Caribbean.
How To Apply:
- The call is open to artists from the Caribbean islands, who are currently living in the Caribbean.
- Only original works created for the encounter will be accepted.
- 6 artists from different islands will be chosen.
- The selected artists are responsible for managing their visas in advance. We will offer support with this procedure.
- The artists grant the image copyrights of their work to MAR DE ISLAS with the purpose of being part of the files generated by the encounter (digital and with the possibility of being published and / or exhibited).
- The participation in this call implies the unconditional acceptance of all and each of its conditions.
TO PARTICIPATE SEND
- Personal details (Full Name – Island of Residence – Email – Telephone Number)
- Reply yes or no to the following question: Have you ever processed or currently have a visa for entering the United States? (This answer will not be exclusionary)
- Biography and Statement
- Curriculum vitae
- Portfolio of recent works and links (website, Instagram, Youtube, etc.)
All the information must be sent in a same document in pdf format to the email: email@example.com
These posts are not affiliated with Contemporary Performance Network, but are of interest to our community. We post these with the caveat to check the sources and research the opportunities or views expressed in the posts.