The most cutting-edge Mediterranean artists are back in NYC!
Between the Seas Festival is back in the city for its third edition. From July 22nd- 28th at The Wild Project Between the Seas will be presenting cutting edge, political performances from Europe and the Middle East, interdisciplinary works and original productions of contemporary Mediterranean theater.
Some of this year’s highlights include:
- City State by the Greek theater company Kanigunda, an original performance “transforming history into living matter” (North American premiere)
- Suite Camus by Brooklyn based Andreas Arnold, a multimedia music performance on A. Camus (USA premiere)
- Amongst Millions, by Pedro Goucha Gomes
, an intense dance piece responding to the crisis experienced in Southern Europe
- Eyes, by the Arab-Hebrew theater of Jaffa, a musical-theatrical journey based on the poetry of Mahmood Darwish
- Redshift by Y. Mavritsakis, one of Europe’s most original theater voices, “a major contemporary poet” (World premiere produced by Between the Seas)
And as always, BTS brings a diverse program of contemporary dance from Spain, Italy and the US by new and returning choreographers such as Vanessa Tamburi, Rebeca Tomas, Korhan Basaran, Amos Pinhasi and more! Tickets are $20 (general) and $15 for students/seniors. Tickets and schedule available here (https://web.ovationtix.com/trs/cal/621/1372723200000)
For more information visit: www.betweentheseas.org
For inquiries email: email@example.com