The International Contemporary Dance Festival of Mexico City FIDCDMX, 2018 presents the first international contest for mature contemporary dance soloists. The contest will happen in Mexico City within the frame of the FIDCDMX 2018.
The contest is open to contemporary dance soloists that are 40 years old and above.
The piece to present should be maximum 10 minutes long.
- The technical requirements and the scenography proposed should be minimal and should be adapted to the conditions of the venues where the contest will be presented.
- The contest will consist of five facets:
- Proof of age and career
- Pre-selection of the piece through video
- Semifinal Final.
- This year there will be only one economical award of a minimum of 500 euros ( to grow if more funding is gotten). The winner will be selected by a jury conformed by contemporary dance specialists.
- There will also be an ‘Audience award’ and an ‘Special mention’ that this year won’t receive any economical award.
- The winner of the the award along with one more piece selected between the ‘Audience award’ and the ‘Special mention’, will dance in the closure of the Festival, where the final results will be announced.
- To apply, it is necessary to send the next information to the following e-mail: email@example.com
- An official document that proves to be 40 years old and above. Small biography or CV, as well as Internet links which prove a career in contemporary dance. A video of the full piece with which the soloist will apply, or else, a video of the work in progress. The video should be rigorously presented in a YouTube or Vimeo link (with password in case of being private); otherwise it would be impossible to consider it.
- The deadline for applying is May the 15th, 2018. If an artist (in order to apply for fundraising) to be able to come and participate, need to know their results before, it is possible to send the verdict of the preselection beforehand.
- The official results will be published on July the 1st 2018. The interpreters who reach this phase will be opportunely notified about the venues where the contest will continue. However, it is important to notice that the availability required is from August the 1st to August the 13th.
Within only two editions, the Festival has brought more than 50 companies from 30 countries and has had direct access to almost 30,000 people. It is an unprecedented event, the only of its kind in Mexico City.
More Info at https://www.facebook.com/FIDCDMX/