Choreography Competition Festival 10 Sentidos (Valencia, Spain) May 9-10, 2018
Online Application: http://www.festival10sentidos.com/el-festival/certamen-coreografico-2018/?lang=en
Fee to Apply: FREE
Description Of Opportunity:
The Festival 10 Sentidos celebrates its seventh edition from the 3rd to the 20th May 2018 in Valencia (Spain), filling the city with the most innovative performing arts proposals from national and international artists. The Festival 10 Sentidos aims to reflect upon social issues that are important in our community and to stress the role that art has as a catalyst of social action. The theme of this years’s edition will be Invisibles.
Under the label Invisibles, the festival wants to focus our attention on all those people who are condemned by our societies to remain out of the system, out of sight. Social exclusion, caused by economic, physical, psychological issues, by sexual or ethnical reasons, etc., concernes a significant number of the individuals that we pass by in our daily lives without noticing their no presence. Galeano talked about the “nobodies”, the sons of nobodies, the owners of nothing. These invisible beings are used to be ignored. We want to see them, to look at them.
The Choreography Competition 10 Sentidos 2018 invites companies, artists and dancers to present short performances that reflect upon this issue.
How To Apply:
CHOREOGRAPHY COMPETITION 10 SENTIDOS 2018 CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
- All national and international companies, artists and collectives who work with the language of movement can apply.
Applications can be submitted online through the Festival’s website. The deadline closes on March 1st at 11.59pm.
- The application must include a link to the video of the piece. This video must be uploaded online on an external platform.
- Preference will be given to works created specifically for the Festival or pieces that relate to the theme of this edition, as well as to the originality and artistic quality.
- The duration of the piece must not exceed 15 minutes.
- Due to limitations of space and time, lighting and scenery must be kept to a minimum.
- Components must be set up in short order. The use of them shall be subject to the discretion of the organizers.
- Each participant will bring a technician who can provide directions to the Festival Lighting Director.
- The Organization will provide to all the selected participants (with the exception of residents in Valencia) a financial provision to assist in covering the costs of accommodation, travel and food. It consists of the following:
- For 1 to 3 people: 300€ per group
- More than 3 people: 450€ per group
- A selection committee under the direction of Festival 10 Sentidos will select ten proposals and announce them by March 20, 2018.
- The selected participants will act within the guidelines set by Festival 10 Sentidos and will be available on May 9th and 10th at Espai La Rambleta, as part of the Festival’s artistic program.
- A jury formed by relevant professionals from the dance and performing arts area will be responsible for selecting the awarded performance. The jury will announce
the winner on May 10th.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The selected works will remain property of the artists. However, the Festival keeps the right to record and broadcast as the Organizers may consider.
- Participants expressly exempt Festival 10 Sentidos of any liability associated with copyright infringement. This is the sole responsibility of the participant.
- By participating in the Choreography Competition Festival 10 Sentidos 2018, the participant accepts all the terms and conditions listed here.
- Prizes are subject to applicable taxes and will be paid once the festival has received the funding for it, and after receiving an invoice from the awarded participant.
- Festival 10 Sentidos is not liable for any physical or material damages suffered or caused by the participants during the event. As well, Festival 10 Sentidos is not part of any financial agreements between the choreographers and their performers.
- Choreography Competition Award 2018, with a prize of 2000€. A professional jury will select the awarded work.
In past editions, the following people have been part of the jury: Claudio Kogon (deputy director from Suzanne Dellal Center for Dance and Theater, Tel Aviv), Ofra Idel (artistic director and cofounder of Machol Shalem Dance House, Jerusalem), Cedric Lambrette (cofounder and artistic director of Copenhagen International Choreography Competition, Copenhaguen), Mojca Juj (artistic director of International Festival Mladi Levi, Slovenia), Marc Olivé (programmer from Mercat de les flors, Barcelona), Cesc Casadesús (GREC Festival, Barcelona), Gretchen Blegen (Lucky Trimmer, Berlin), Inés Enciso (from festival Una mirada diferente, Madrid), Laura Kumin (Choreography Competition Madrid), Guillermo Arazo (programmer from Las Naves, Valencia) and Roberto Fratini (playwright and dance researcher).
- Audience award. A symbolic prize will be awarded by the audience.
- Professional audience. The Organization works with programmers and national festivals that attend the competition and may consider some of the selected proposals for their artistic programs.
- Publicity of selected proposals through the media and social networks that cover the Festival 10 Sentidos.
Info and contact
Tel. 96 2058642
LIST YOUR OPPORTUNITIES: Share your open calls, commissions, grants, workshops, classes, festivals, and more with the network. Submit here!
These posts are not affiliated with Contemporary Performance Network, but are of interest to our community. We post these with the caveat to check the sources and research the opportunities or views expressed in the posts.