Draw to Perform Residency for Drawing Performance (Copperdollar Studios, 22 Montague St, Brighton BN2 1JX) 6-20 October 2018
Deadline: Thursday 30 August 2018 11:00am BST
Online Application: https://drawtoperform.com/home/residency/
Fee to Participate or Apply: £30
Description Of Opportunity:
What does the program offer?
The D2P Residency program is a unique opportunity for new and developing professional artists and art students to engage in the dynamic artistic discipline of drawing performance art. The program provides the foundation to develop drawing and performance skills and to translate creative practice into live action. This rigorous 15 days structured program of mentored residency includes one-on-one tutorials, workshops, intensive studio time, studio visits and artist talks by UK drawing performance artists. The program is headed by artist and curator Ram Samocha, who is internationally acclaimed and the founder of Draw to Perform.
The residency will be located in the heart of Brighton, one of the most vibrant and colourful cities in Europe and a centre of creativity, vibrancy and progressive art. The program will also include guided tours to key exhibitions and art events in Brighton and London and will end with an evening of live drawing performances to celebrate and showcase the output of this creative time.
– Accommodation in Brighton + daily breakfast with 3 evening meals
– Shared studio space
– Guided tour of London’s art museums and galleries
– 2 Guest artists and curators talks and discussions
– Lectures about drawing and performance art
– Access to a wide range of publications about drawing and performance
– Admission to a live performance in Brighton
– Opportunity to share and showcase work-in-progress
– Public collaborative drawing performance action
– Final live performance of your work in an event that open to the public
How To Apply:
Register now for the Draw to Perform residency program here.
After paying the registration fee please submit your application via email to:
firstname.lastname@example.org (with the title ‘D2P Residency Oct 2018’ in the subject line).
LIST YOUR OPPORTUNITIES: Share your open calls, commissions, grants, workshops, classes, festivals, and more with the network. Submit here!
These posts are not affiliated with Contemporary Performance Network, but are of interest to our community. We post these with the caveat to check the sources and research the opportunities or views expressed in the posts.