International Artsit Residency-India (Farm Studio Village-Raniya kheda, Post Andore, Tehsil Sheoganj, Dist Sirohi, Rajasthan(INDIA)) 1. Session: 10th October to 5th November 2019 2. Session: 5th November to 1st December 2019 3. Session: 1st December to 25 December 2019 4. Session: 5th January to 1st February 2020 5. Session: 1st February to 25th February 2020
Deadline: april 27, 2019
Online Application: https://form.jotform.me/farmstudio/application-form
Fee to Participate or Apply: 550
Description Of Opportunity:
FARM Studio International Artist Residency’s aim is to provide a rural, community-based open platform where creativity can unfold. Residents stay and create in a unique atmosphere and entirely new environment where they can develop their artwork free from accustomed distractions. Relationships form between the artists coming from different geographical locations and varied social, religious and cultural backgrounds. Here, collaborations and experimentation is encouraged. Many exciting exchanges and dialogues among artists take place. Farm Studio also promotes and celebrates the local community’s artistic and cultural identity while also introducing art and culture of others (Indian and International guests) back to the community. This intercultural exchange broadens everyone’s experiences and fosters art appreciation.
Farm Studio International Artist Residency hosts artists from September to March each year, with accommodations available for up to 6-8 residents at one time.
Artists of all disciplines creating in any media are welcome to apply: dance, theatre, music, sound, performance art, writing, painting, drawing, printmaking, textiles, culinary, photography, video/film, animation, architecture, sculpture (any material), ceramics, mixed-media / multi-media, interdisciplinary, installation, and other new/alternative media. Researchers, curators, and art critics are also welcome to apply. Open to emerging and established artists.
- Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis, artists will be selected subject to motivation, work sample and availability.
- It is suggested that the artist arrange his/hers own insurance to cover any possible accident, loss or damage (including but not limited to health insurance and general liability insurance) during their stay in India.
- Applicants are responsible for travel, visa, materials, entertainment, food costs and insurance.
- Farm studio will not be liable for any loss, theft or damage and provides no insurance covering any work, equipment or materials belonging to any user.
- Farm Studio residency provides three types of working space where you can explore your art and ideas in the rural Rajasthani environment; at the Farm Studio indoor studio, the outdoor and farm environment, and in Andore Village.
Artist responsible for:
- $550 USD Residency fee
- Travel and subsistence costs
- Art materials
- Health insurance
Organization will provide:
- Meals (Vegetarian breakfast, lunch, dinner included)
- Tea, coffee (on request)
- Studio space
- Exhibition opportunity
- Invitation letter
- Local sight-seeing
- Basic kitchen
- Printer B/W
- First aid kit (medical box)
- Basic tools
Accommodation consists of:
- Tents (shared and private), indoor sleeping option, meals and/or self-catering kitchen facility, open landscape, electricity, water.
Duration of residency:
- 3 weeks, new sessions;
- 1. Session: 10th October to 5th November 2019
- 2. Session: 5th November to 1st December 2019
- 3. Session: 1st December to 25 December 2019
- 4. Session: 5th January to 1st February 2020
- 5. Session: 1st February to 25th February 2020
Application Deadline: April 27th, 2019
How To Apply:
- Completed residency Application Form APPLICATION ONLINE HERE
- Current resume / curriculum vitae.
- 6-8 images/ 3-5 video links with a clear description of your works.
- Artist Statement (50 word max).
- What is motivating you to come to Rajasthan, India? (150 word max)
- Project Proposal. (150 max)
- Copy of passport.
- Submit the entire application via ONLINE.
Contact Email:[email protected]
LIST YOUR OPPORTUNITIES: Share your open calls, commissions, grants, workshops, classes, festivals, and more with the network. Submit here!
These posts are not affiliated with Contemporary Performance Network, but are of interest to our community. We post these with the caveat to check the sources and research the opportunities or views expressed in the posts.