OPEN CALL FOR STARTAS2020_RESIDENCY (Rokiskis, Lituania) May 18-24, 2020
Deadline: February 22, 2020, 23:59 EEST
Online Application: https://forms.gle/2Ed4e4fA6s3ygtLPA
Fee to Participate or Apply: 0
Description Of Opportunity:
About the festival:
For the fourth time, the International Contemporary Art Festival STARTAS takes part in Rokiškis, Lithuania, organized by the Culture Center of Rokiškis, which is responsible for cultural activities in Rokiškis town and its region. Partly funded by Lithuanian Council for Culture and Rokiskis region municipality.
Festival aims to present various contemporary art forms to Rokiškis community, to begin new collaboration among Lithuanian and foreign visual and performing arts performers. The event will focus on public attention to small towns in Lithuania and attract new cultural investments to Rokiškis.
1. to explore new performance spaces and step out of the traditional venues. (Most of our performances are happening on a street, park, parking lot, pub, museum. So technical side of the project is very essential);
2. to explore new and experimental ideas that corresponds with nowadays cultural, social and political topics.
Year 2020 festival will take place from May 18th to May 24th 2020.
1. Residency program May 18-23, 2020
2. Education program May 18-22, 2020
3. Performance platform May 22-24, 2020
4. Application deadline – February 22nd, 2020 at 23:59 EEST
Basic information about the residency:
1. For this year residency program we are looking for artists who are willing to interact with locals and audience through the art form. Who is willing to provide a workshop for a different ages groups. An applicant(s) should be willing to experiment, step out of their comfort zone, explore new ways of working and work under pressure and on a deadline. The goal of this residency – is to push your artistic boundaries, explore the unknown and experiment with art forms, perhaps make future collaborations for other productions.
2. This year we are willing to invite two artists: One from the performance art and one from visual arts fields to join two other artists, a performer and sound designer/musician.
3. Residency consist of 4 artists working in a group on a common production, meaning: Each artist comes prepared to be experimental and open to possibilities; artists have 6 days to put ONE production/show/can be a work-in-progress, all together and presents in the festival program on the last day.
5. The festival leaves the rights of project development to the group of artists, thou keeps the right to use video material for festival organizer The Culture Center of Rokiskis events with an indication of project authors and the whole team.
6. An artist must be available during whole festival period, meaning: arrival to the festival – May 17, 2020; Departure – May 25, 2020
7. The final project, should be executed with maximum of 1.5 hours of preparation.
8. Festival do not cover flight tickets, props transportation costs to/from Lithuania.
The key skills an applicant must posses:
1. Flexibility – artistic and personal
3. Stress management
4. Good communication
5. Conflict Resolution
7. Critical Thinking
8. Outgoing personality
Festival will provide:
1. Catering during your stay here (lunch and dinner);
2. Accommodation (shared room with other participants). Private rooms can be arrange for a fee;
3. A total budget of 300 Eur for the residency production;
4. A performance fee of 300 Eur per person.
->You can apply only once
->If a group of people applying as a collective, the number of people should not -exceed more then 2.
>Application deadline – February 22nd, 2020 at 23:59 EEST
>Festival do not cover flight tickets, props transportation costs to/from Lithuania.
>Residency participant first artistic idea what to do during the residency might change / shift / take new form or approaches due to different artists collaborating with each other in order to put one, single production.
if you have any questions – contact us via email: email@example.com
Application form: https://forms.gle/2Ed4e4fA6s3ygtLPA
How To Apply:
Fills the application form: https://forms.gle/2Ed4e4fA6s3ygtLPA
LIST YOUR OPPORTUNITIES: Share your open calls, commissions, grants, workshops, classes, festivals, and more with the network. Submit here!
These posts are not affiliated with Contemporary Performance Network, but are of interest to our community. We post these with the caveat to check the sources and research the opportunities or views expressed in the posts.