Opportunity: The Graduate School of the Berlin University of the Arts is offering fellowships
Where: Graduate School/ Berlin University of the Arts
When: 1st April 2021
Deadline: 25th May 2020
Online Application: yes
Fee to Participate or Apply: 0
Description Of Opportunity:
The Graduate School of the Berlin University of the Arts is a postgraduate and international programme of studies for highly qualified graduates in all disciplines who have already developed their own artistic positions and who have already carried out an artistic professional practice of at least three years at the time of application. Interested persons are asked to submit an artistic research project that can be completed within two years.
The fellowship programme is aimed at graduates in all artistic and scientific disciplines who understand exchange with other disciplines as being an essential part of their work. The fellowship gives recipients the possibility to work intensively for two years on researching, producing and finalising their own project.
Please note that we understand the term “artistic” as based on the disciplines and practices here at the university, encompassing all four faculties (Fine Arts – Architecture, Media, Design – Music – Performing Arts).
The Graduate School will award four fellowships.
How To Apply:
The application process takes place in three stages. The first stage (pre-application) takes place in two steps:
At https://www.udk-berlin.de/en/research/graduate-school/application/formular/ you will find our online application form, which you should fill in completely.
This includes the submission of a short presentation video (min. 2 to max. 4 minutes long) in which you respond to the following questions in front of the camera: How do you understand your artistic work? In what contexts do you place your practice (artistic, social, historical)? What inspires you?
Please upload this video to Vimeo and provide the link (and password if applicable) in the online application form.
Please note that the jury will not evaluate the technical quality of the video.
In a further step, please send the following documents in a PDF file (max. 10MB) as an email attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org:
– Curriculum vitae, indicating the minimum three years of artistic professional practice
– Letter of motivation (1 to 2 A4 pages, min. font size 11) in which you respond to the following questions: How would your professional career benefit from being granted this fellowship? What do you expect from the artistic-intellectual exchange among the scholarship holders of the Graduate School? How do you see your contribution to this forum? How would you translate your artistic practice and central aspects of your research project into an idea for an interdisciplinary teaching concept?
– Project presentation (size 1 to 2 A4 pages, min. font size 11)
– Copy of the university degree certificate (equivalent to the Master’s degree or Diploma) or proof of outstanding artistic aptitude, which is proven by at least three years of successful professional experience in the form of relevant professional documents
– up to 3 work samples from your own artistic practice (online cross-references are to be inserted as hyperlinks in the PDF)
The application deadline is Monday, 25/05/2020 (10:00 am Berlin local time)
Please also note: The deadline for submitting your application is determined by the time of the electronic receipt of the application at the UdK Berlin. Experience has shown that the submission of applications takes a long time, especially in the last hours before the deadline, due to overloading. We would therefore like to point out as a precaution that it is advisable to submit your application as early as possible. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
For further information regarding the application process, please visit https://www.udk-berlin.de/en/research/graduate-school/application/call-for-application/ as well as our FAQ.
LIST YOUR OPPORTUNITIES: Share your open calls, commissions, grants, workshops, classes, festivals, and more with the network. Submit here!
These posts are not affiliated with Contemporary Performance Network, but are of interest to our community. We post these with the caveat to check the sources and research the opportunities or views expressed in the posts.