Opportunity: MDOCS Storytellers’ Institute Visiting Fellows
Where: Saratoga Springs or Virtual- Due to the Covid-19 Pandemic, the 2021 Storytellers’ Institute may happen virtually. If you choose to apply, please be prepared for either a virtual or in-person Institute experience.
When: June 1st- July 2nd 2021.
Deadline: December 5th
Online Application: http://mdocs.skidmore.edu/storytellers/storytellers-institute/visitingfellowsapplication/
Fee to Participate or Apply: yes
Description Of Opportunity:
Calling all Artists, Storytellers’ and Documentarians working in Creative Non-Fiction mediums.
Applications to be a Visiting Fellow in the 2021 MDOCS Storytellers’ Institute are now open!!!
Who *Non-fiction-based artists working in any and all mediums (performance, theater, sound, painting, photography, sculpture, film, video, word, installation, etc.)*
What *A 5-week funded residency organized around the theme of Co-creation: Delights, Discontents & Dislocations*
Where *Saratoga Springs or Virtual- due to the Covid – 19 Pandemic, we cannot say whether or not the Institute will be running virtually or in person*
When *June 1st- July 2nd 2021*
Why *Because you want to be inspired by a multidisciplinary, multi-generational, creative and intellectual community. *
- Community and feedback from a renowned group of multidisciplinary artists/storytellers/documentarians
- $2500 honorarium
- Travel stipend of up to $500 (only if in person)
- Public presentation/exhibition opportunities
- Access to production equipment
- Room and board for the duration of the Institute (only if in person)
- Workspace access to Skidmore facilities (only if in person)
How To Apply:
- Applicants must have a non-fiction-based practice and propose a non-fiction-based project.
- Because of this year’s theme, applicants must be members of collaborative teams that span artistic or academic mediums/disciplines, or single applicants who propose projects that are collaborations with other artists, communities or institutions.
- Applicants must have an interest in teaching and learning.
- Accepted Fellows are expected to fully engage with Institute events and be in residence for its duration (except for non-Forum weekends). If a Fellow is not in residence for the full Institute, their stipend will be reduced. Please take a look at the schedule from a past Storytellers’ Institute here and expect that the 2021 Institute will follow a similar schedule.
What you need to apply:
- A completed application, which includes a work sample that demonstrates your experience in non-fiction creative work. This can be written word, video, photography, audio, performance documentation, etc.
- One letter of recommendation sent to firstname.lastname@example.org before the deadline or your application will not be considered.
These posts are not affiliated with Contemporary Performance Network, but are of interest to our community. We post these with the caveat to check the sources and research the opportunities or views expressed in the posts.