Opportunity: danceWEB scholarship programme 2021
Where: Vienna, Austria
When: 14 July–18 August 2021
Deadline: 5th December 2020
Online Application: http://www.lifelongburning.eu/projects/danceweb-scholarships.html
Fee to Participate or Apply: If selected for the danceWEB Scholarship Programme, the scholarship recipients still need to find a financial contribution (EUR 2.150,-) to their total scholarship expenses from national/regional funding institutions in their home country/country of residence in order to secure their participation.
Description Of Opportunity:
Further Education and Exchange Programme
14 July–18 August 2021
Every year, danceWEB offers participation in all workshops, research projects as well as attendance at all performances of the ImPulsTanz festival plus mentoring by an artistic coach to about 60 dancers and emerging choreographers from more than 40 countries.
danceWEB is a five-week further training programme taking place from 14th July to 18th August 2021 in Vienna within the ImPulsTanz – Vienna International Dance Festival. In order to achieve both its educational and artistic goals, the programme is supervised each year by artistic mentors selected amongst dance personalities, who have played a decisive part on an international level in the development of contemporary dance in recent years. Mentors so far among others: Mathilde Monnier, Jonathan Burrows, David Zambrano, Sarah Michelson, DD Dorvillier, Ivo Dimchev, Chris Haring, Tino Sehgal, Doris Uhlich, Philipp Gehmacher, Meg Stuart, Florentina Holzinger, Annie Dorsen and Mette Ingvartsen. Mentors of 2021 will be Anne Juren and Frédéric Gies.
The programme includes among others:
- Participation in the Research Projects of ImPulsTanz (Pro Series & Field Projects)
- Participation in the technique workshops of ImPulsTanz (more than 200 workshops by over 90 teachers)
- Free admission to all performances of ImPulsTanz
- Exchange of ideas and contact with the international teachers and choreographers of ImPulsTanz
- Special projects exclusively offered to danceWEB scholarship holders
- Representation in the yearly growing, international danceWEB-database
- Lecture demonstrations and talks
- Free accommodation
- Mentoring by artistic mentor(s)
15th December 2020, 12:00 noon CET
For detailed information and the application form please visit the website of LIFE LONG BURNING
How To Apply:
These posts are not affiliated with Contemporary Performance Network, but are of interest to our community. We post these with the caveat to check the sources and research the opportunities or views expressed in the posts.