Description Of Opportunity:
EXPERIMENTICA is a live art festival in Cardiff that encourages risk, collaboration, and exchange between artists and audiences.
The festival commissions and hosts a dynamic programme of live art, performance and interdisciplinary projects.
For our 2021 festival we will be exploring narratives and alternatives to the status quo; questioning accepted ways of thinking; giving a voice to the underrepresented and challenging existing forms of storytelling – exploring democracy, agency and open authorship.
We are looking for artists based in the UK whose practice, prior to COVID, focused on live art or contemporary performance and who need support to explore ways of adapting their approach to making and sharing their work.
We welcome proposals from individuals and groups who are excited by the possibility of experimentation and by those who take risks. We especially welcome applications from those who identify as having currently under-represented characteristics. This includes black and non-black people of colour, disabled people, individuals identifying as LGBTQIA+, those with parental responsibilities and people from lower socio-economic backgrounds.
WHAT YOU’LL RECIEVE
- £1,000 fee.
- Access to a studio space at Chapter in Cardiff for up to one month between March and August 2021.
- Technical advice and support
- Premium Zoom webinar platform for rehearsal, development, meetings, and so on.
How To Apply:
If you’re interested in applying, please send the following:
- a short description of your project or project idea no longer than 350 words;
- A CV, biography or link to your website;
- Links to specific/relevant example(s) of your work. This can include social media;
- A completed Equal Opportunities monitoring form
Applications can also be submitted by video or voice note (no longer than 5 minutes and accessible via a password-protected platform eg Vimeo). Visual quality, camera and editing skills will not be taken into consideration for filmed submissions.
Deadline: 23.59 on Monday 15 February 2021
These posts are not affiliated with Contemporary Performance Network, but are of interest to our community. We post these with the caveat to check the sources and research the opportunities or views expressed in the posts.