Opportunity: Aerowaves #Twenty22 Open Call
Where: Elefsina, Greece
When: 15 September 2021
Deadline: 15 September 2021 at 5 pm
Online Application: Yes
Fee to Participate or Apply: Free
Description Of Opportunity:
Aerowaves is on the hunt again for twenty talented emerging choreographers based in geographical Europe.
You can now apply to become a Twenty22 artist with the opportunity to have your work presented at the Spring Forward festival in May 2022 in Elefsina (Greece), and also by many of our Aerowaves partners around Europe.
Deadline: Wednesday 15 September 2021 at 5 pm.
Notice the change in this year’s eligibility criteria: Your work must have been made in 2020 or 2021 – we are not accepting works made before this time.
Find more information and the application form here: https://aerowaves.org/artists/how-to-apply/
For further queries, please, contact us: [email protected]
How To Apply:
- Read the eligibility criteria thoroughly before putting your application together
- Get your application in as early as possible
- Give yourself plenty of time to upload your video to Vimeo – technical hitches cause stress, especially at the last minute!
- Make sure the video of the work you are submitting is of the highest possible quality and correct length
- Let your national Aerowaves representatives know that you are applying and invite them to see your performance live
Providing your Video on Vimeo
- Please upload your video to Vimeo (preferably in HD) and include the link in your application form. If you have a Vimeo Plus account please enable ‘download’ in the settings so we can download it. If you don’t then upload a version to Vimeo that is less than 500MB (to avoid paying a subscription), and send a bigger file (if available) via a service like We Transfer, to [email protected]. The ideal dimensions are 1920 x 1080 in HD, but please try to keep your file to under 2GB. There must be a version of the work online, and we must also have a copy on file
- Use the privacy settings if you do not wish it to be public, but include the password in your application form
Please include a 100 word statement about the work in the description box of your Vimeo upload – it can include factual and contextual information about the work (also include this 100 word statement and a 100 word biography in the notes section of the application form).
- We use your Vimeo links to share with Aerowaves Partners before our Annual Meeting in October – so that they can do their homework!
Tips for Making Your Video
Since our selection process is assisted by watching a video recording, it’s really important that you think about how your work will come across.
- The video should be a fairly simple record of a public performance of the work from beginning to end
If you are applying with an edited version of a longer work, the video you provide must be of the shortened version. This version must be available for performance
It should include close-ups and wide shots – think about how best to represent the work in terms of details / angles / capturing the scale
- Promotional videos are not acceptable, nor are videos of any work other than the one with which you are applying to Aerowaves
- Please try and keep the size of the file to under 2GB
These posts are not affiliated with Contemporary Performance Network, but are of interest to our community. We post these with the caveat to check the sources and research the opportunities or views expressed in the posts.