Opportunity: STUDIO2 x tanz:digital
Where: STUDIO2, Berlin, Germany
When: 16 to 22 May 2023
Deadline: 27 March 2023
Online Application: Please send the application for the STUDIO2 x tanz:digital Residency as a PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: „STUDIO2 x tanz:digital Residency – [NAME]“
Fee to Participate or Apply: no
Description Of Opportunity:
From 16 to 22 May 2023, STUDIO2 of the International Theatre Institute (ITI) will be hosting its artistic research residency STUDIO2 x tanz:digital. The residency is aimed at individual artists or groups of up to 3 artists from the field of dance (also inter-disciplinary). It will enable open research into artistic application of digital technologies.
STUDIO2 is a work and research space for the independent performing arts in Berlin-Kreuzberg whose proximity to the ITI‘s Media Library for Dance and Theatre and the associated Media Studio offers the residency project the opportunity to develop diverse research approaches at the cross-section of digital technologies and arts.
A RESIDENCY INCLUDES
- Free use of the 165sqm studio and adjoining spaces within the one-week residency
- Workspace in the Media Library for Dance and Theatre and professional advice on research approaches
- Access to the technical equipment available at STUDIO2 (see the full list here) including the necessary technical introductions plus the opportunity to rent external technical equipment
- Documentation of the residency process and/or results
- Organisational and content-related support as agreed and required
- Compensation of 600 Euros for each residency artist
- Attendance allowance of up to 300 Euros each as well as a mobility grant of up to 100 Euros each for those who will travel to Berlin (in accordance to the BRKG)
- Limited financial support for technical equipment costs
Funded by the Federal Government Commissioner for Culture and the Media in the program NEUSTART KULTUR, tanz:digital support program of the Dachverband Tanz Deutschland.
How To Apply:
STUDIO2, as part of the ITI, is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, and welcomes applicants with various experiences, knowledge, and artistic positions in the performing arts.
We particularly encourage artists to apply, who are newcomers in Germany, especially those who had to leave their country of origin due to war or for political, social, or economic reasons, as well as artists facing structural exclusion or access barriers in the performing arts sector.
APPLICATION TO THE RESIDENCY
- Presentation of the artistic research concept with a clear and feasible research question on max. 1 page (approx. 2.000 characters). Your research concept should focus on the artistic research process including a comprehensible description of how the application of digital technologies can be integrated into your work.
- Short vitae of all applicants (approx. 600 characters per person)
- List of technical needs (what do you bring/what do you need)
Please send the application for the STUDIO2 x tanz:digital Residency as a PDF document to email@example.com with the subject: „STUDIO2 x tanz:digital Residency – [NAME]“ no later than 27 March 2023.
Applications can be sent in English and German.
For further information, please contact
Phone: +49 30 611 07 65-25
Telephone consultation hours for the STUDIO2 x tanz:digital residency are Thursdays (02/09/16/23 March), 10:00-11:00 CET
These posts are not affiliated with Contemporary Performance Network, but are of interest to our community. We post these with the caveat to check the sources and research the opportunities or views expressed in the posts.