OPEN CALL: Re-Fest 2020 (New York + Los Angeles) March 12-14, 2020
Extended Deadline: February 1, 2020
Online Application: email@example.com
Fee to Participate or Apply: 0
Description Of Opportunity:
- Generative art and/or design
- Intergenerational collaboration
- Sustainability and climate change
- Speculative and alternative futures
- Social justice and activism surrounding urgent social issues
- The role of technology in contemporary culture
- Creative technology as a tool for envisioning new ways forward
- Intergenerational movement building
- Knowledge-sharing workshops
- Know Your Rights (or other) Training
- Surveillance of black activists from Black Panthers to Black Lives Matter
- Intergenerational storytelling workshop
- The artwork or creative proposal can be easily installed/facilitated in New York or Los Angeles or digitally transferred/shipped to New York or Los Angeles by midFebruary 2020.
- Artist/facilitator will receive a small honorarium for participating in Re-Fest, unfortunately we can not support travel, shipping, or significant production costs.
- The artwork/proposal must be well suited for a festival format. For example, performances should be no longer than 20 minutes or be durational works that don’t require a stationary audience and technically contained in order to be shown on a shared bill. Exhibition works will be installed as part of a group show and should be proposed with this in mind. Workshops or conversations will have flexibility to occur at optimal times throughout the festival’s run.
- The artwork/creative proposal is original and developed by an individual or team of artists, technologists, educators, and activists.
How To Apply:
To propose an exhibition artwork performance, or conversation please submit the following materials:
- Title of artwork/creative proposal
- Short description (maximum 250 words)
- 3–5 images that showcase the work (can be conceptual sketches, work-in-progress images, technical diagrams, and/or documentation from past iterations) *
- Link to artist/facilitator’s past work (can be website, links, or a shared folder)
- Resume (optional) * Only required for exhibition artwork or performance.
LIST YOUR OPPORTUNITIES: Share your open calls, commissions, grants, workshops, classes, festivals, and more with the network. Submit here!
These posts are not affiliated with Contemporary Performance Network, but are of interest to our community. We post these with the caveat to check the sources and research the opportunities or views expressed in the posts.