The Draw to Perform residency program for Drawing Performance (Brighton, UK) 18 April – 2 May 2020
Deadline: No deadline
Fee to Participate or Apply: Apply for free at any time
Description Of Opportunity:
D2P Residency at the Copperdollar Studios, Brighton UK.
18 April-2 May 2020
This rigorous 15 days structured program is a unique opportunity for new and developing professional artists and art students to engage in the dynamic artistic discipline of drawing performance art.
Drawing Performance is a vibrant and multidisciplinary form of art where artists creating art from mark making in front of a live audience. The art created combines elements of line, movement, space and time and is a celebration of energy and creativity.
Draw to Perform is an international community for Drawing Performance. Since 2013 Draw to Perform organizing international symposiums and festivals, work with and support emerging and established artists, hold various events, collaborations with art institutions, and run educational residencies and workshops.
– Shared accommodation in Brighton + 3 evening meals
– Shared studio space
– Guided tour of London’s art museums and galleries
– Guest artists and curators talks and discussions
– Screenings & Lectures about drawing and performance art
– Access to a wide range of publications and books about drawing and performance
– Admission to a live performance
– Opportunity to share and showcase work-in-progress
– Public collaborative drawing performance action
– Final live performance of your work in an event that opens to the public
– Intensive promotion of your work via our social media
How To Apply:
For full details about the residency please visit our website: https://drawtoperform.com/home/residency/
LIST YOUR OPPORTUNITIES: Share your open calls, commissions, grants, workshops, classes, festivals, and more with the network. Submit here!
These posts are not affiliated with Contemporary Performance Network, but are of interest to our community. We post these with the caveat to check the sources and research the opportunities or views expressed in the posts.