Opportunity: Call for Creatives-in-Residence
Where: Boston, MA, USA
When: 2020-2021 season
Deadline: May 3, 2020
Online Application: http://www.castleskins.org/call2019-716523.html
Fee to Participate or Apply: NONE
Description Of Opportunity:
**There is no application fee for this opportunity.**
- To foster community and collaboration with and among diverse creatives.
- To provide a platform for creatives to share their artistic practice.
- To strengthen, expand, and challenge COOS in a collaborative, creative environment.
- To increase and diversify COOS’s culturally enriching projects to the general public and social media/online communities.
- Develop a work or works in conjunction with our 2020-2021 season, based on the season’s needs, and in collaboration with COOS’s Artistic and Associate Artistic Directors.
- Be part of the curation process of one or more projects during the 2020-2021 season, and, if applicable, provide curatorial input into the 2021-2022 season.
- Write three BIBA Blog entries related to the COOS mission.
- Participate in an interview with COOS Associate Artistic Director for a feature on the BIBA Blog, to be disseminated through various social media platforms.
- Honorarium of $1,000.
- Negotiated artist fee and project support per project completed in conjunction with COOS’s 2020-2021 season.
- Title of Creative-in-Residence in COOS publicity material for the 2020-2021 season.
- Realization and support of your creative work during the 2020-2021 season.
- Publicity through COOS BIBA Blog and social media channels.
- Writing opportunities through COOS.
- Professional documentation of created work.
- Castle of our Skins seeks one Creative-in-Residence* whose work and experience reflect our mission.
- International Emerging and Established Creatives* who will be between the ages of 20 and 40 by Monday, July 1, 2020.
- Creatives of all genders, ethnicities, national origins, sexual orientations/identities, religions/beliefs, education and physical abilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants who identify as Black or belonging to the African diaspora as strongly encouraged to apply.
- Applicants who reside in the Greater Boston area are strongly encouraged to apply.
*NOTE: For this application “Creatives” are defined as artists of all practices, including by not limited to: composers/sound artists, musicians, video/film artists, dancers/choreographers, performance artists, visual artists, writers, spoken word, interdisciplinary artists, etc…
*NOTE: Those currently serving on the Castle of our Skins Board of Directors, Board of Advisors, and in administrative positions cannot apply.
- Strength of the vision of the Creative’s practice.
- Collaborative potential.
The review process/Creative-in-Residence timeline is as follows:
- Panel review of applicants between May 3, 2020 (deadline) and May 20, 2020.
- Brief interviews conducted of short-listed Creatives, starting May 23, 2020.
- Creative-in-Residence announced June 15, 2020.
- Creative-in-Residence to begin July 1, 2020 and remain through June 30, 2021.
All applicants will be reviewed by a panel of local, national, and international Creatives of various disciplines, identities, and practices.
How To Apply:
- An artist statement describing your practice, professional experiences, as well as your motivation to apply to this Creative-in-Residence position. Limit of two pages.
- Five to ten work samples as PDF’s, JPEGS, MP3 or MP4. If submitting audio/video, please limit your submission to 15 minutes by providing cues/excerpts. Web links to work samples and press releases are allowed. Where applicable, work samples that capture a broader aspect of your practice are encouraged (ie. interacting with community, engaging in collaboration, etc… ). MIDI renderings will not be accepted for composers/sound artists.
- Work sample descriptions: please briefly describe (date, venue, context, relevance to this call, etc) each work sample. Please limit your reply to 100 words per work sample.
- A Resume/Curriculum Vitae including contact information.
Please send a link to an online folder (Google Drive, Dropbox, WeTransfer, etc) containing the above application materials to: castleskins [at] gmail.com, with the subject line: COOS Creative-in-Residence. If e-mailing is not an option, please send documents to:
Boston Center for the Arts
539 Tremont Street, Studio #206
Boston, MA 02116
NOTE: ALL submissions must be RECEIVED BY (NOT postmarked by) 11:59PM, May 3, 2020.
Please e-mail us at: Info [at] CastleSkins.org
These posts are not affiliated with Contemporary Performance Network, but are of interest to our community. We post these with the caveat to check the sources and research the opportunities or views expressed in the posts.