Opportunity: 2021-2022 Studio and Curatorial Fellowships
Where: NXTHVN, 169 Henry St, New Haven, CT 06511
When: June 2020
Deadline: November 1, 2020
Fee to Participate or Apply: US $35
Description Of Opportunity:
Each June, NXTHVN welcomes up to seven artists, two curators, and eight New Haven high school students to its annual Fellowship and Apprenticeship programs. Through a proprietary curriculum that focuses on mentorship, professional development, and skills training, members of the cohort cultivate their individual practices within a collaborative, community-driven context. Each fellow mentors a local high school apprentice, providing them with hands-on instruction in studio and curatorial practices. Through active participation in NXTHVN’s year-long programs, early-career artists and curators make the personal strides and interpersonal connections that advance their careers.
NXTHVN’s year-long Fellowships provide:
- a generous stipend disbursed quarterly throughout the Fellowship year, which runs from early June to late May
- optional, partially-subsidized housing in Dixwell, New Haven
- dedicated work and/or studio space with 24-hour access
- monthly professional development workshops facilitated by field experts
- culminating exhibition and catalogue organized by curatorial fellows and featuring work by studio fellows
- opportunity to design and participate in artist-led projects and public programming
- vocabulary and skills for navigating the art market that often go untaught in MFA programs
- completing the entire 11-month residency program
- relocation to New Haven
- spending at least five hours per week mentoring a high school apprentice
How To Apply:
For further inquiries or an application fee waiver, please contact NXTHVN at email@example.com.
These posts are not affiliated with Contemporary Performance Network, but are of interest to our community. We post these with the caveat to check the sources and research the opportunities or views expressed in the posts.