Open Call – Franklin Furnace Fund 2018-19 ((New York)) 2018
Online Application: http://franklinfurnace.org/artists/franklin_furnace_fund/ff_application.php
Fee to Apply: FREE
Description Of Opportunity:
The Franklin Furnace Fund awards grants annually to emerging artists to enable them to produce major performance art works in New York. Grants range between $2,000 and $10,000 based on the peer review panel allocation of funding received by Franklin Furnace.
Franklin Furnace has no curator; each year a new panel of artists reviews all proposals. They believe this peer panel system allows all kinds of artists from all over the world an equal shot at presenting their work. Every year the panel changes, as do the definitions of “emerging artist” and “performance art.” So if at first you don’t succeed, please try again.
The Franklin Furnace Fund 2018-2019 is supported by Jerome Foundation and the NYC Department of Cultural Affairs in partnership with the City Council.
Artists from all areas of the world are encouraged to apply; however, artists selected by the panel are expected to present their work in New York. Full-time students are ineligible.
- Projects may begin as early as August 1, 2018.
- Artists who are awarded funding must present new works of performance art – though it is acceptable for these works to be shown in earlier iterations as works-in-progress.
- Funded projects must be presented in New York.
- Grants range between $2,000 and $10,000, depending on peer review panel allocation of funding.
- Grant recipients are required to submit video and photographic documentation of their funded projects to Franklin Furnace for preservation in the institution’s event archives. The grant recipient is responsible for hiring a videographer and photographer, and Franklin Furnace can provide referrals if needed.
- Grant recipients must sign a release form allowing Franklin Furnace the non-exclusive right to share their project documentation on its website for educational purposes.
How to Prepare Your Application:
Before you can access the Franklin Furnace Fund 2018-2019 application form, you must first complete a brief questionnaire that will help determine your eligibility. If eligibility is confirmed, you will be provided with a link to the online application. Information entered in the online form can be saved so that it may be completed in multiple sessions before submitting it for review. Please remember to click on the ‘Apply Now’ button when you have completed your application. You will receive a confirmation email when your application has been successfully submitted.
Please note that you may apply once as an individual and once as part of a collaborative. If you have any technical problems with the online application form, please check Submittable’s Knowledge Base. You may also contact [email protected] or call 1-855-467-8264 ext. 2 and Submittable’s technical support staff can help address your question. Please note that they are available Monday – Friday from 10am – 7pm Eastern Standard Time. For other questions, please contact Jenny FRANKLIN FURNACE FUND APPLICATION GUIDELINES, 2018-2019 2 Korns at proposals[at]franklinfurnace.org.
The PDF application form is still available, but please only use it if you are unable to use the online application form. If you can’t use the online form, then download the PDF Application and email it to [email protected] after it has been completed. Write “Proposals 18-19” in the subject line of your email. Our application process is meant to be as accommodating as possible to everyone. If you are unable to submit materials electronically, they will also accept physical applications. If you have any questions about this please feel free to contact the Program Coordinator, Jenny Korns at [email protected].
Contact Email:[email protected]
LIST YOUR OPPORTUNITIES: Share your open calls, commissions, grants, workshops, classes, festivals, and more with the network. Submit here!
These posts are not affiliated with Contemporary Performance Network, but are of interest to our community. We post these with the caveat to check the sources and research the opportunities or views expressed in the posts.